Resources for people with disability
Supports people who are ill, injured or have a disability with a range of payments including Disability Support Pension, Sickness Allowance and Mobility Allowance
- Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR)
Information on programs and services that target the barriers that people with a disability face in gaining access to, and successfully completing, post-school education and training. Includes information about workshops and information sessions for parents and carers of school-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Australian National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline
Australia-wide telephone hotline for reporting abuse and neglect of people with disabilities using government funded services
- CRS Australia
Leading provider of vocational rehabilitation and assessment services to people with a disability, injury or health condition
- International Day of People with Disability
This is the central source of all information about International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) in Australia and the National Disability Awards.
Information and advice service funded by the Australian Government. It offers help and workplace solutions for people with disability and their employers
Our Australian health system is YOUR health system.
Find out how YOU can help make it better through the yourHealth website.
- Australian Disability Enterprises
Online directory of products and services produced by businesses providing sustainable employment opportunities for people with disabilities
Find information on programs and services in your state and territory
- Australian Capital Territory Government - Disability ACT
- New South Wales Government - Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care
- Victorian Government - Disability Online
- South Australian Government - Disability SA
- Western Australian Government - Disability WA
- Queensland Government - Disability Services Queensland
- Tasmanian Government - Tasmania Online
- Northern Territory Government - Department of Health and Families, Aged and Disability
Resources for carers of people with disability
- MyTime, supporting parents of children with disabilities
Provides local support groups for mums, dads, grandparents and anyone caring for a young child under school age with a disability or chronic medical condition
- Commonwealth Carelink Centres
Information centres for older people, people with disabilities and those who provide care and services. Centres provide free and confidential information on community aged care, disability and other support services available
- National Carer Awareness Campaign – Care Aware
The Care Aware campaign aims to raise awareness, recognition, support and appreciation of the 2.6 million Australians who provide unpaid care and support to family members and friends.
Disability peak bodies
The Australian Government funds a number of national disability organisations.