- New Work Bonus fact sheet
On 1 July 2011, a new, more generous Work Bonus for age pensions has been introduced.
- Accommodation Choices for Older Australians and their Families
This book is written for people who are thinking about where they will be living as they get older and for their families.
- Australia’s Future Tax System: Pension Review Report, February 2009
This report presents the findings of the Pension Review which was commissioned by the Hon. Jenny Macklin MP, Minister for Families, Housing Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, to investigate measures to strengthen the financial security of seniors, carers and people with a disability
- Retirement Income Streams
One of the things you can do with some or all of your superannuation and/or other money is to invest it in a retirement income stream. This may mean nothing more than receiving an income (instead of a lump sum) from your current superannuation fund, or it may mean purchasing an income stream.
- Guide to deeming
Information about what deeming is and how it works.
- Social Security Income and Assets Tests - Assessment of Conventional Life Insurance Policies - Questions and Answers
These questions and answers are about the income and assets tests treatment of conventional life insurance policies which have profit components and surrender values. These policies are principally ‘pure endowment’, ‘endowment’ or ‘whole-of-life’.
- Broadband for Seniors Program Guidelines
These guidelines provide the framework for the implementation and administration of Broadband for Seniors. The guidelines provide the basis for the working relationship between FaHCSIA and the service delivery organisation.
- Australian Government Directory of Services for Older People
This Department of Health and Ageing publication, reprinted in October 2012, is a comprehensive guide to the wide range of services provided for older Australians by the Australian Government.
Content Updated: 28 May 2013