Provider roles and responsibilities
Approved money management courses (AMMC) are delivered primarily by FaHCSIA funded Financial Management Support services, but may also be delivered by some non-FaHCSIA funded organisations.
Organisations delivering an AMMC will be required to operate in accordance with their FaHCSIA Funding Agreement, if applicable, and the AMMC Operational Guidelines.
In delivering an AMMC organisations will:
- notify FaHCSIA if their AMMC content changes
- meet FaHCSIA's AMMC delivery requirements including the registration process – refer to AMMC Operational guidelines
- give priority to compulsory income management clients, including Child Protection Income Management
- deliver the course free of charge to all participants
- keep appropriate records and data – reporting templates will be provided by FaHCSIA
- provide ongoing support to participants, if requested, and refer participants to Centrelink when they have completed their AMMC
- provide each participant who completes their course with a Certificate of Completion
- work collaboratively with the Financial Management Resource Support Unit to access training for workers – only applicable for FaHCSIA funded organisations delivering an AMMC, and
- provide FaHCSIA with projected quarterly training course schedules showing the locations and dates of courses to be conducted (using the template supplied by FaHCSIA).
The information contained in this publication is intended only as a guide. The information is accurate as at August 2010. If you use this publication after, please check with FaHCSIA that it is correct.