The Department for Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs met with the CDEP Consultative Group in Canberra on 17th and 18th December 2009.
Nine of the members are from organisations that deliver CDEP services for the Department with four people providing specialised knowledge in employment, training and business and management expertise. Mr Bryan Palmer, Group Manager of the Indigenous Economic Opportunity & Remote Delivery Group, chaired the meeting.
The Terms of Reference for this Group for the first meeting are available on the FaHCSIA website.
The Consultative Group is keen to improve communications between the Department and CDEP providers. The Group has agreed to:
- work with the Department to plan and facilitate sessions in a national workshop for CDEP Provider organisations to be held in Darwin in March 2010;
- encourage other provider organisations to contribute to a quarterly ‘better practice’ newsletter released by the Department, including member contributions and CDEP success stories.
- continue to promote productive working relationships with JSA providers through shared knowledge of effective collaboration for the benefit of the CDEP participants
The Group asked the Department to undertake the following:
- facilitate active use of the FaHCSIA website for sharing best practice, promotion and marketing tips
- continue to promote Departmental communications with providers through the States and Territories Network of Agreement Managers and Coordinators.
The CDEP Consultative Group will meet on three further occasions in the next year with the second meeting in March 2010.