People have options if they don’t agree with a decision.
They can appeal or ask for a review with a Centrelink Customer Service Officer or social worker or a child protection worker, depending on the measure of income management they are on.
They also have access to a full range of review and appeals processes, including:
- Centrelink Authorised Review Officer (ARO)
- Social Security Appeals Tribunal (SSAT)
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).
If a person wishes to ask for a review of a decision made by a state or territory child protection authority, they should approach their child protection worker. Review and appeal procedures under the child protection measure will differ by state or territory.
For more information:
- go to humanservices.gov.au
- talk to your local Centrelink Income Management Contact Officer
- call the Income Management Line (for customers only) on 1800 132 594.