Disability Employment Assistance (DEA) is the name of the Activity providing funding support on behalf of the Australian Government to Australian Disability Enterprises. The Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs provides funding under the Disability Services Act 1986 (Cth) to Australian Disability Enterprises (ADEs) to provide supported employment assistance to people with disability.
DEA Program Guidelines
The following is an outline of the components of the Program Guidelines and the purpose of each.
- Part A: Services and Support for People with Disability Program Guidelines (provides an overview of the Services for People with Disability Program, of which DEA is an Activity.)
- Part B: Information for Applicants provides details on the standard conditions and procedures involved in selection processes conducted by the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs. Part B is a standardised FaHCSIA document.
Please note: There is currently no selection process for DEA.
- Part C: Program Guidelines for the DEA provides specific information on the DEA.
Included here are a number of resources to assist Australian Disability Enterprises in their day to day activities of supporting people with disability in work.
- Case Based Funding Review - Update
- Disability eNews - disAbility e-news is a regular sector update to keep people informed about FaHCSIA disability issues.
- Disability Services Standards
- Disability Employment Assistance Funding Agreement
- Wage assessment and related information
- Corporate Governance Handbook for the Board