What is Volunteer Grants 2013?
Volunteer Grants 2013 recognises the valuable work of Australia’s volunteers. This initiative forms part of the Australian Government’s ongoing commitment to organisations whose volunteers assist disadvantaged communities and encourage inclusion of vulnerable people in community life. Funding is for eligible not-for-profit community organisations to assist their volunteers and encourage volunteering.
Volunteer Grants 2013 provides funding between $1,000 and $5,000 to help not-for-profit organisations to:
- Purchase portable, tangible, small equipment items to help their volunteers
- Contribute to the reimbursement of fuel costs for their volunteers who use their own car to transport others to activities, deliver food, assist with medical appointments or help people in need
- Contribute to the reimbursement of transport costs incurred by volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- Contribute to the costs of training courses and/or undertake background screening checks for their volunteers.
- Information on Volunteer Grants 2012 successful organisations
- Information on Volunteer Grants 2011 successful organisations
- Information on Volunteer Grants 2010 successful organisations
- Information on Volunteer Grants 2009 successful organisations
- Information on the successful organisations in the Volunteer Grants Program 2008
- Information on Volunteer Small Equipment Grants funding provided from 2003 - 2007