$16 million is available for Volunteer Grants 2013
from 15/03/2013 to 24/04/2013
Who to contact?
Volunteer Grants Hotline 1800 183 374 (Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm AEST) Email email@example.com
Short Description: Grant funding to support volunteers and encourage volunteering
Volunteer Grants 2013
Call for applications now closed
What is Volunteer Grants 2013?
Volunteer Grants 2013 recognises the valuable work of Australia’s volunteers. This initiative forms part of the Australian Government’s ongoing commitment to organisations whose volunteers assist disadvantaged communities and encourage inclusion of vulnerable people in community life.
Funding of $16 million is available to support and encourage volunteering. Eligible not-for-profit community organisations can apply for grants between $1,000 and $5,000 to:
- Purchase portable, tangible, small equipment items to help their volunteers
- Contribute to the reimbursement of fuel costs for their volunteers who use their own car to transport others to activities, deliver food, assist with medical appointments or help people in need
- Contribute to the reimbursement of transport costs incurred by volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- Contribute to the cost of training courses and/or undertake background screening checks for their volunteers.
Status of Volunteer Grants 2013
Applications are currently being assessed. All applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of Volunteer Grants 2013. A list of all successful organisations will be available on the FaHCSIA website on announcement.
During the assessment period, the Department can confirm if an application has been received but is unable to provide advice regarding the status of an application.
For enquiries relating to Volunteer Grants 2013:
- phone the Volunteer Grants hotline on 1800 183 374 (9am to 5pm AEST, Monday to Friday) or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
National Relay Service and TTY users
The Department uses the National Relay Service (NRS) to ensure Department contact numbers are accessible to people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment.
To access the Volunteer Grants Hotline:
- TTY users - phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 183 374.
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users - phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 183 374.
- Internet relay users - visit the National Relay Service website at www.relayservice.com.auLink to external website and ask for 1800 183 374.
For information purposes only important documents for Volunteer Grants 2013 are provided below:
Program Guidelines for the Community Investment Program
- Part A: Community Investment Program
- Part B: Information for Applicants
- Part C: Volunteer Grants 2013 Application Guidelines
Terms and Conditions
A copy of the proposed Volunteer Grants 2013 Letter of Offer (funding agreement) Terms and Conditions is provided for reference.