This is a direct selection process
The Financial Counselling to Support People Affected by Problem Gambling initiative will provide funding over four years (to 30 June 2016) to support individuals affected by problem gambling. The creation of 50 new financial counselling positions across Australia is part of the Australian Government’s national reforms to address problem gambling and will assist problem gamblers and their families get back on their feet. This position is the only position located in a remote area – the Ngaanyatjarra Lands in Western Australia.
The initiative will be delivered through the Government’s Commonwealth Financial Counselling service, which is part of the Financial Management Program.
The funding being allocated under this selection process is for service delivery until 30 June 2014. In this time, utilisation of the financial counsellor within the nominated service coverage area will be evaluated and a possible extension until 30 June 2016 may be offered.
For this selection process, FaHCSIA has identified the Ngaanyatjarra Lands to be a high need area.
This is a Direct selection process and FaHCSIA is inviting applications from organisations that currently:
- receive funding under the Australian Government’s Financial Management Program (Commonwealth Financial Counselling) and/or from state or territory government
- deliver generalist financial counselling services and/or problem gambling financial counselling services and/or therapeutic financial counselling services.
How to apply?
To apply for funding, download the application form.
You should only proceed if you have read the Program Guidelines:
- Part A: Financial Management Program Guidelines
- Part B: Part B: Information for Applicants
- Part C: Application Information for the Commonwealth Financial Counselling Activity Financial Counselling
Applications close at 2:00pm AEDT on 15 March 2013.
View the FaHCSIA’s Standard Funding Agreement Terms and Conditions for further information in regards to this application.