In FaHCSIA we value the contributions of employees’ experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We know that a diverse workplace promotes FaHCSIA’s competitive ability to achieve innovative business outcomes.
We demonstrate our commitment to Workplace Diversity through the policy, products and services that we develop and implement and these include:
- celebrating a range of cultural events to promote awareness and inclusion
- carers support group - providing support and guidance to employees with caring responsibilities
- family carers rooms – providing flexibility for employees to access a safe and suitable room for dependants in unforseen circumstances, assisting them to achieve work and personal commitments
- individualised case management and a tailored mentoring program for employees with disability.
To find out more please email Diversity@fahcsia.gov.au
A safe working environment
FaHCSIA is committed to providing a work environment that recognises the importance of early positive interventions to improve the health and safety of our employees.
- creating and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment free from work related injury, disease and illness
- continuing to enhance existing stategies to avoid preventable injury or illness
- creating managment and employee awareness of health and safety issues and a culture which integrates occupational risk managment into everyday business
- providing a discrimination and harrassment free work environment
- striving to achieve best practice in occupational health and safety.