Scheduled System Maintenance - 8:00am - 1:00pm (AEDT) - Saturday 18 May 2013
The FaHCSIA e-recruitment system will be unavailable during the scheduled maintenance period.
Before You Apply
FaHCSIA uses an online application system. Some useful tips prior to applying online are:
- If you are a current FaHCSIA employee, you should use your internal profile to apply (through ESSentials), if you would like to register an external profile you will need to use a private e-mail address.
- Make sure pop-up blockers are turned off. Our job overviews are generated as PDF documents in a new window. If you do not turn pop-up blockers off, selection documentation will not launch.
- To avoid time-out issues, work from a saved word document, then copy (control C) and paste (control V) into your questionnaires in the online system.
- Refer to the Troubleshooting Guide which includes a step-by-step guide through the online application process.
- Ensure you complete all mandatory fields.
- If you have finalised your application but there is no button to submit please refer to the Troubleshooting Guide.
To assist in preparing your application, please refer to our Tips for Applicants.
If you have any specific requirements that need to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process, please notify the Contact Officer. If you have a disability you can contact the FaHCSIA Disability Access Coordinator, to have a confidential conversation regarding any concerns you may have by emailing Diversity@fahcsia.gov.au.
If you are using assistive technology, or are having trouble accessing our system, please contact our helpdesk on 02 6146 8043, or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you passionate about improving the lives of Australians? Are you motivated to contribute to building a strong and fair society? Then take a look at the opportunities FaHCSIA has to offer.
Have you registered?
If you have already registered with the FaHCSIA e-recruitment system, you can log in below using your username and password to review and update your candidate profile, search vacancies, and check the status of any submitted applications.
If you have not registered an account on our e-recruitment system, you can browse FaHCSIA vacancies at the link below. If you find a vacancy, you will need to register before you can submit your application.
- Browse FaHCSIA Vacancies (unregistered search)
Temporary Employment Register
The Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs is seeking applications from eligible candidates to fill temporary employment opportunities across a number of classifications, business areas and locations in Australia.
Applications containing evidence of skills, qualifications and/or experience relevant to the needs of FaHCSIA will be considered for temporary employment opportunities.
Vacancies will vary from a few days to up to 18 months (with a possibility of extension) depending on business requirements. Often these positions are required to be filled at short notice. The positions may be full-time, part-time or casual. Casual positions can be of an intermittent nature with hours and working days varying.
The FaHCSIA Temporary Employment Register is re-advertised every six months. At the end of each six month period, you will need to re-apply if you are still interested in temporary employment with FaHCSIA. The current register is open until 30 June 2013.
If you would like to apply to the FaHCSIA Temporary Employment Register please send an email to email@example.com to receive an application pack.