Want to be rewarded?
Our graduate program gives you the chance to make a difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable groups in our society. The ten month program offers graduates training and networking opportunities and a permanent position within the Department.
We are a people-based organisation and encourage flexible working conditions and opportunities for development.
Why choose FaHCSIA:
- Variety of work
- Competitive salary and superannuation benefits
- Extensive learning and development opportunities including a formal qualification (Diploma of Government)
- Flexible working hours
- Generous leave entitlements, including Christmas and Easter shutdowns
- Flex time and overtime for additional hours worked
- Some relocation assistance
- Offices around the country
FaHCSIA provides excellent employment conditions
Your starting salary will be $54,290 - $60,803 with a 15.4 per cent employer superannuation contribution.
You will be able to access limited relocation assistance if you join FaHCSIA from outside the ACT.
Training and development
We provide comprehensive internal and external training and development activities. FaHCSIA Graduates complete Diploma of Government training through CIT Solutions.
The Diploma of Government meets the needs of learning and development of first year Graduate placements within the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs.
It is designed to build on your undergraduate degree and articulate your degree qualification into the Australian Public Service work environment.
The Diploma covers many topics including:
- working effectively in the Australian Public Service
- project management
- professional writing in the Public Service
- data and analysis.
Graduates are also offered networking opportunities with senior executives and buddying with former graduate program participants.
We encourage you to maintain a good balance between work and personal commitments. We know that staff who have a good balance are happy and motivated.
We support work/life balancing by offering:
- flexible working hours
- generous leave available including cultural leave, NAIDOC Week leave, community volunteering leave, sabbatical leave, parental leave, carers leave, maternity leave and moving days
- Christmas and Easter closedowns
For more information see our Enterprise Agreement.