This paper provides:
- simple explanations of income support payments (including payment descriptions, eligibility criteria and historical details)
- relevant figures for each payment (including number of recipients, recipient characteristics, rates and duration of benefit) presented in tables to compare results over time and across states.
Key sections of the overview are:
- payments for older people, the sick, or people with disabilities and their carers
- labour market allowances and parenting program
- family assistance
- other income support payments
- expenditure and pensioners paid overseas.