The Australian Government has committed $5.8 million to continue to deliver services in remote regions of the Northern Territory (NT) through the enhancement of Centrelink Agent services, infrastructure and support.
BackgroundThis proposal will enhance Centrelink Agent services and infrastructure agreed as part of the NT operations in 2007-08 to ensure continuity of contract arrangements in 2008-09.
Centrelink Agent sites in the NT will be upgraded to ensure the servicing level and infrastructure that is provided is sustainable and provides a greater level of access to mainstream services in order to:
- ensure customers receive a benefit if they are entitled;
- ensure customers understand and meet activity requirements associated with their payment and minimise participation failures;
- ensure customers are accessing the correct amount and type of income support payments and allowances;
- assist customers to understand their notification requirements and reduce incidences of government debt; and
- assist customers to access services that help them meet their living expenses through tools such as Centrepay and referral to other services.