The legislation used as the basis for family assistance, including the approval of child care services, the payment of Child Care Benefit, the payment of Maternity Immunisation Allowance and other matters relating to family assistance are:
- Child Care Act 1972 (relevant to Capital Funding only);
- Family Assistance Act 1999;
- Family Assistance (Administration) Act 1999; and
- Schedules 5 and 6 of the A New Tax System (Family Assistance and Related Measures) Act 2000.
Legislation can be viewed at the ComLaw website
Consolidated Disallowable Instruments
The following Consolidated Disallowable Instruments are relevant to the administration of the family assistance law.
- A New Tax System (Family Assistance) (Administration) (Penalty Interest) Determination 2001
- Family Assistance (Exemption from Immunisation Requirements) Determination 2003
- Family Assistance (Meeting the Immunisation Requirements) Determination 2003
- Family Assistance (Meeting the Immunisation Requirements) Amendment Determination 2003 (No. 1)
- Family Assistance (Present Value of Unpaid Amount - Interest Rate) Determination 2000
- Family Assistance (Vaccination Schedules) (FaHCSIA) Determination 2008