This report describes the supports and services available to formal and informal out-of-home carers, including existing qualitative evidence from carers, in order to:
- analyse current gaps in support
- build an understanding of carers’ needs and priorities
- understand the barriers to undertaking a caring role.
The report comprises:
- an inventory of financial and non-financial support for formal and informal carers
- descriptions of the barriers to the caring role
- a review of existing qualitative research on carers’ experiences of supports and services, service gaps and inequities
- examples of good practice in out-of-home care.